Labels

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The South Bronx FC Season 12 poster



For those that don't know, I play in a Wednesday night soccer league. I wouldn't say we take the league more serious than the other teams, but we do put a little more effort into being there, which is why we're the only team in our division, and maybe the entire league, that has jerseys w/our names on the back, and not even our real names, usually.

Besides that, I've been making online flyers to promote the games. It hasn't really worked; only our best friends and an occasional acquaintance ever comes, but it's still fun to make flyers for our online fan pages on Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. Here's the newest one that I've done for our 12th season, a teaser poster showing our mascot, Igoo from the Herculoids cartoon from the 60s.

The flyer was done mostly in Photoshop, but the text and the text background were done in Illustrator. I was originally planning to use teammates, but most of the pictures of us were too low-resolution at the size I needed them to be. But this way, the entire team is represented. Anyway, let me know what you think.

No comments: